Vijay Siva’s concert for SRLKM at Gayana Samaj, Bangalore was a classic marked by clear diction, good patantharam (training), and a judicious selection of kritis of different composers.
Here is the list of songs that was presented at the concert –
1. Karikala – Saveri – Dikshithar
2. Orajoopu joo – Kannada Gowla – Tyagaraja (neraval at the line “dheena raksha..” was a good choice”
3. Guruvina – Pantuvarali – Purandara dasa (raga alapana and swaras rendered)
4. Brovavamma – Manji – Shyama Shastry
5. Ramakatha – Madhyamavati – Tyagaraja (Here was the classic neraval Baama mani at the anupallavi with swara)
6. Seethamma – Vasantha – Tyagaraja
7. RTP – Kambodhi – “Kancha padam thanjam yena Anjal yedhu Nencham adhu Senchadai panchanadha” in Misra nadai Rupaka talam. The RTP ended in a ragamalika with Bowli, Amirkalyani, Kathana koothuhalam
8. Somasundareshwaram – Shuddha Vasantham – Dikshithar
9. Divyaprabandham (ragamalika)
10. Harivasarala – Sindhubhairavi – Purandara dasa
11. Tirupugazh – Purvikalyani
Charulatha Ramanujam on the violin was phenomenal. Neyveli Narayanan on the mridangam and Amrit on the kanjira gave a neat thani avarthanam.